On Call® Extra Glucose Control Solution
The On Call® Extra Glucose Control Solution contains a known concentration of glucose. It is used to confirm that your On Call® Extra Blood Glucose Meter and test strips are working together properly and that you are performing the test correctly. It is important to run a quality control test regularly to make sure you are getting correct results.
You should run a quality control test:
- Before you first use your meter, to familiarize yourself with its operation.
- Before using a new box of test strips.
- When you suspect that the meter or test strips are not working properly.
- When you suspect that your test results are inaccurate, or if they are inconsistent with how you feel.
- When you suspect your meter is damaged.
- After cleaning your meter.
- At least once a week
Each bottle of control solution can be used for 6 months after you first open it. The control solution will expire 6 months after the bottle is opened for the first time. Record this opened expiration date on the bottle label.
See page 17 of the manual